St. Mark’s Episcopal School is conducting a search for a full-day prekindergarten (PK4) teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
St. Mark’s, established in 1979, is a coeducational parish day school, now serving 475 students from age two through Grade 8 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The foundation of St. Mark’s program is to provide students with balanced exposure to academics, arts, athletics, and spiritual life.
Guided by the theory and practice of Conscious Discipline, our teachers focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child to create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment. The PK4 program fosters independence and a love of learning with integrated and thematic curricular units. This position demands a teacher with both the developmental and pedagogical background to embrace this age group. Ideal candidates seek to partner with parents, collaborate with team members, and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
Qualified candidates should have the following competencies:
- an understanding of foundational skills in math and literacy.
- an ability to establish and maintain strong home-to-school partnerships.
- professional and polished interpersonal skills to build strong relationships.
- excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- proficiency in educational technology.
- teaching an intentional social and emotional learning curriculum.
- providing developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in all curriculum areas.
- differentiating instruction to meet the individual needs of all students.
- communicating sensitively, regularly, and honestly with parents.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- previous teaching experience.
- Florida teaching certificate, temporary certificate, or willingness to obtain certification.
- familiarity with independent school culture and comfort within a faith-based school.
For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Ann Fernandez, Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.