St. Mark’s Episcopal School is excited to conduct a search for physical education teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
St. Mark’s, established in 1979, is a coeducational parish day school, now serving 475 students from age two through Grade 8 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The foundation of St. Mark’s program is to provide students with balanced exposure to academics, arts, athletics, and spiritual life. At all levels, our students will be, as our mission states, academically enriched in a nurturing Christian environment.
At St. Mark’s Physical education is focused on teaching children how to live an active and healthy lifestyle. Emphasis is placed on each child putting forth his or her own best effort to strengthen endurance, enhance flexibility, and develop muscular strength. Personal improvement, rather than peer competition, is stressed and applauded. Most importantly, we want our children to understand the value of teamwork and how to win and lose with grace.
Ideal candidates are those who seek to partner with parents, collaborate with team members, demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, motivate students academically, and support students in developing their moral character.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in physical education or related experience.
- Ability to coach a number of sports.
- Previous teaching and/or coaching experience.
- Current Florida Commercial Driver’s License or willingness and ability to obtain such a license prior to the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Familiarity with independent school culture.
- Comfort with a faith-based school.
For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Ann Fernandez, Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.