Middle School Instructor – English
Mount Pisgah Christian School (MPCS) is seeking an experienced and dynamic educator to teach Middle School English beginning in August 2017. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and an educational philosophy and Christian worldview consistent with the mission of MPCS. The ideal candidate will have independent school teaching experience. He or she must demonstrate mastery of technology and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom instruction. He or she should have a strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom. Many also coach sports, sponsor clubs or play a role in the school’s growing arts program. All MPCS teachers serve as advisors and participate in the school’s annual spiritual retreat.
The Middle School Instructor of English will have:
- Experience teaching in a Christian and/or independent school
- Experience working as part of an academic team and facilitating a collaborative, trusting atmosphere among colleagues
- A commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- A passion for integrating faith into their academic discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- A genuine ability to “connect” with and serve young people in a Christian community
- An eagerness to serve in a faith-based environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or Doctoral degree preferred
Founded in 1986, Pisgah is an accredited, college-preparatory independent Christian school with a rich history of nurturing and inspiring students in preschool through 12th grade. Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be based on the candidate’s experience and potential to make an immediate contribution to the life of the school. The school requires employees to attest to and sign an ecumenical Statement of Faith.
Please mail or email a resume, cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, and list of references to:
Ms. Donna Lowe, Human Resources Coordinator
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road. Alpharetta, GA 30022.
MPCS does not discriminate in admission, educational programs, or employment against anyone on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or age.