Mount Pisgah Christian School (MPCS) is seeking an experienced and dynamic educator to teach Latin courses beginning in August 2017. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and an educational philosophy and Christian worldview consistent with the mission of MPCS. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive background in Latin literature and an eagerness to teach grammar in a variety of courses, and a profound commitment to educating students. He or she must demonstrate proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom instruction. He or she should have a strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom. Many also coach sports, sponsor clubs or play a role in the growing arts program. All MPCS teachers serve as advisors and participate in the school’s annual spiritual retreat.
The Latin Instructor will have:
- Experience teaching in a Christian and/or independent school or university setting
- Experience working as part of an academic team and facilitating a collaborative, trusting atmosphere among colleagues
- A commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or Doctoral degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- A genuine ability to “connect” with and serve young people in a Christian community
- An eagerness to serve in a faith-based academic environment
Founded in 1986, Mount Pisgah is an accredited, college-preparatory independent Christian school with a rich history of nurturing and inspiring students in preschool through 12th grade. Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be based on the candidate’s experience and potential to make an immediate contribution to the life of the school. The school requires employees to attest to and sign an ecumenical Statement of the Christian Faith.
Please mail or email a resume, cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, and list of references to:
Ms. Donna Lowe, Human Resources Coordinator
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road. Alpharetta, GA 30022.
MPCS does not discriminate in admission, educational programs, or employment against anyone on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion or age.