Austin Prep, a Catholic independent school located in Reading, Massachusetts about 20 miles north of Boston invites nominations, expressions of interest, and applications for a full-time, flexible hours, Technical Theater Coordinator with teaching responsibilities beginning in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Some essential qualifications include:
- Experience in theater arts, including technical theater, set design and construction, stage managing, lighting, sound, event planning and execution for theater, chorus, and dance performances
- Experience in supporting school events (such as Masses, dances, ceremonies, speakers) providing lighting, music, sound, scenery, backstage management, support, and organization
- Experience in the curricular design and coordination of student involvement in a Technical Theater/Event Production course
- Demonstrated success in working with both Middle and Upper School learners
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty and members of the leadership team
- A bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred)
Interested candidates should submit the following documents as a single PDF to TechTheaterSearch@austinprep.org:
1) A letter of interest
3) A personal statement or educational philosophy not exceeding one page
4) List of at least three professional references including email and phone number (references will not be contacted without the applicant’s permission).
Review of applications will begin immediately and qualified candidates will be contacted as materials are received. For full consideration, applicants should submit their application no later than Friday, March 31, 2017.