Reports to: Director of Advancement
The Director of Annual Giving and Constituent Relations has the major responsibility of coordinating, planning, and executing the strategic and tactical plans for the $3 million annual fund at Nightingale-Bamford across all constituencies including major donors, trustees, current parents, alumnae, grandparents, faculty/staff, and friends of the school.
- Develop and implement annual and multi-year plan for increasing total Annual Giving and participation across all constituencies.
- Develop annual fund calendar coordinated with the annual plan, advancement program and campus calendars and identifying key dates throughout the year that effect annual giving, setting milestones for mailings, solicitations, promotional videos, etc.
- Recruit, educate and support annual giving volunteer committee members and leadership. This includes educating and communicating to this group and the community about the school’s needs and how philanthropic support makes a difference.
- Manage a portfolio of annual donors and directly solicit constituents for Annual Fund gifts as needed.
- Develop alumnae solicitation plan in partnership with the Director of Alumnae Relations
- Assist the Director of Institutional Advancement in identifying and cultivating major donor prospects through analysis of annual fund giving history and assist in developing a donor cultivation and stewardship program.
- Coordinate with communications in developing all appeals, publications, videos, social media etc. related to the annual fund and with an emphasis on improving the community’s understanding of the importance of annual giving.
- Compose and customize all donor solicitation and acknowledgment letters that highlight key aspects of a constituent’s connection to the school.
- Partner with the advancement systems administrator to ensure database accuracy of all donor records and produce reports that track year-to-year progress in areas such as constituency giving, rates of participation, number of gifts, average gifts size and year over year variances by constituencies (additional reporting to be determined by the Director of Institutional Advancement, Head of School, CFO, and trustees).
- Plan and execute Annual Giving donor and volunteer cultivation events.
- Provide support as needed to alumnae and parent relations programs and events as well as major (non-advancement) campus events. This will include occasional nights and weekends.
Understanding of the role of annual giving in building a culture of philanthropy
Progressive experience in development with a proven track record of success in increasing annual giving.
Excellent project management and organization skills
Excellent communication skills; written and oral
Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Comfort with direct solicitation of donors
Strong and sound judgement
Attention to detail; accuracy is a must
Demonstrated experience taking ownership of solicitation groups and developing fundraising strategies
Skilled at managing and motivating volunteers to meet goals
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Natural ability to hear what people are saying and what their real concerns may be
Enthusiastic and fun to be around
Committed to excellence
Innate ability to show respect and honor the dignity of all donors regardless of gift level
Ability to fully embrace the Nightingale-Bamford mission and culture
5-7 years’ experience in development, preferably in an independent school setting
Raisers’ Edge experience or comparable donor database
Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel
Appreciation of girls’ education/single sex education a plus
The Nightingale-Bamford School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including, a retirement plan, paid vacations, and medical insurance. The Nightingale-Bamford School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.