Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School (www.bernardzell.org) is an independent Jewish day school for the 21st century where academic purpose, collaborative learning, and deep commitment to humanity develop engaged, confident learners and compassionate leaders for a stronger, more vibrant community and world. A pluralistic community day school, Bernard Zell welcomes students and families of varied religious beliefs and observance. The school combines Jewish learning and tradition with the best of innovative educational practice in a challenging and nurturing learning environment.
Lower School Associate Teacher
Head of Lower School
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School seeks associate teachers to work with our Lower School faculty beginning in March of 2017. This relationship provides the associate teacher with hands-on experiences in teaching, curriculum planning, classroom management, documentation, and collaboration.
- Assist in teaching, guiding, inspiring, and nurturing children in first and second grades.
- Assist in differentiating instruction for a wide range of student abilities and interests.
- Support the lead teachers in the documentation of student learning and growth.
- Assist with the preparation and/or organization of teaching materials.
- Collaborate with lead teachers, specials teachers, and other associate teachers.
- Supervise students at recess, lunch, and drop-off/pick-up.
- Partner with parents and caregivers with professionalism and empathy.
- Support before- and/or after-school supervision/programming.
- College degree or enrollment in a college program
- Experience working with children
- Energy and the desire to learn and explore with teachers and children
- Awareness of Responsive Classroom foundations
- Familiarity with early literacy and math
- Ability to embrace technology and new ways of extending students' learning and creative capacities; knowledge of iPads preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administration to support and extend the objectives of the curriculum
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Appreciation of a diverse, pluralistic Jewish community
- Comfort being part of a professional learning community
- Being emotionally responsive and having an awareness of the cognitive, social, and emotional development of early childhood-age students
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
How to Apply
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition to many other benefits, Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School offers Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, as well as 403(B) retirement account with employer match. As a condition of employment, all applicants must successfully pass a criminal background screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School has a long-standing policy of equal employment opportunity for every person regardless of age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or citizenship.
Bernard Zell recruits, hires and promotes individuals without regard to these characteristics, and all staffing decisions are based solely on the qualifications of each individual and the legitimate educational needs of our students.
The school does not discriminate in working conditions, physical facilities or any other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, including transfer, compensation, training, promotion, demotion or separation based on age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry or citizenship. Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School seeks to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, and harassment based on any of these or other characteristics.