Founded in 1939, Congressional School is an independent, co-ed, day school in Falls Church, Virginia, serving approximately 330 students and 2,000 campers annually through our academic and summer programs. A diverse and caring community, Congressional draws families from all over Northern Virginia and prepares students through a rigorous and developmentally appropriate curriculum infused with numerous opportunities for exploration and growth. Our graduates find success in high school and matriculate to local independent day and boarding, private, magnet and faith-based schools, as well as, public schools.
MISSION STATEMENT AND CORE VALUES
Congressional School’s mission, “We provide an inspirational and challenging student-centered educational experience within our diverse and supportive community where children question, collaborate, create, and lead.” As a community, we actively embrace the following five core values: Inspiring, Collaborating, Nurturing, Celebrating and Caring.
The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Programs works closely with the Director of Auxiliary Programs to assist with overall operation of Summer Camp, Extended Hours Program and other alternative revenue sources for the school. The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Programs will ensure that all programs provide a safe and enriching environment for participants and are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and values. The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Program will be detail oriented, motivated, positive and flexible; exhibit integrity and discretion; and work collaboratively with colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director in creating new and innovative programming to meet camper and student needs and increase revenue while maximizing the use of the Congressional campus.
- Create, document and manage Auxiliary Program Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with the Director of Auxiliary Programs and the Director of Finance & Operations to develop and manage the Auxiliary Programs budget.
- Responsible for supporting, managing and delivering the:
- Counselor in Training (CIT) Program.
- Specialty Camp Programs.
- Travel Camp Programs.
- Train, educate and support staff to ensure high quality student and camper interactions. Work closely with school administrators to ensure an aligned experience.
- Lead an EHP school year program each trimester, and, at a minimum once a week.
- Work with the Director to organize daily bus transportation, safety, programming, and budget management.
- Support Camp Administration with attendance, bus lists, registration, parent contact, process payments, camp store, daily schedules, medical lists, birthdays, personal camper information, minor health issues, medication administration, and camper sign in and out, etc.
- Support camp with purchase of program supplies and implemented systems.
- Support Director with website, social media updates and other marketing and promotion needs.
- Co-Lead morning and evening staff meetings, monitor staff attendance, daily schedule changes, etc. Support staff with end of day responsibilities.
- Manage American Camp Association accreditation process.
- Ensure licensing standards are met and/or exceeded in after school and camp programs.
- Be current in camp and school’s Emergency Management procedures and prepared to implement.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of camp, staff, camp families and business dealings.
- Assist and support Director as needed.