Trinity Episcopal School is seeking a Middle School Instructional Support team member for the 2017-2018 School Year.
Trinity Episcopal School is a progressive, independent day school with approximately 530 students in Kindergarten through eighth grade located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview: The Instructional Support role promotes and nurtures the education of students by supporting the Middle School leadership team in furthering Middle School (MS) English literacy and math efforts.
- Assists Middle School Learning Specialist in conducting periodic screenings/assessments and in monitoring the progress of MS students in math and literacy
- Manages assessment data by scoring assessments, inputting scores online, creating reports, and providing other organizational and technical support
- Assists 5-6 Extensions teachers with the coordination and collection of progress monitoring/assessment information under the guidance of the lead Extensions specialists and MS Head
- Teaches Extensions classes in grades 5 and 6
- May serve as Advisor to a small group of students, as well as act as a participating member of a grade level team
- Works closely with English teachers within the scope of Writing Workshop to evaluate student work, monitor individual progress, organize writing portfolios, and help identify trends and troubleshoot grade level needs under the guidance of the MS Academic Dean
- Works closely with teachers to ensure systematic explicit instruction in reading comprehension within the structure of the English, history, and science classrooms under the guidance of the MS Learning Specialist and MS Academic Dean
- Co-teaches in English classrooms on an as-needed basis
- Collaborates with MS Learning Specialist, MS Academic Dean, and MS Head to facilitate work and allow increased focus on curriculum fidelity, faculty professional development, and other vital components of their roles
- Performs any other duties MS Head deems fit for the Instructional Support role
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
At Trinity, our teachers
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, educational experience, excellent character, and a proven legacy of outstanding performance in an organization. Excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills are expected. Ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and positive member of the faculty/staff is required. Training in workshop methods and experience in administering reading and math assessments are preferred.
To apply: Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.