Moses Brown, a co-educational Quaker independent day school for nursery through twelfth grade exists to inspire students to reach their fullest intellectual and spiritual potential. We engage students in a rich academic curriculum, a broad offering of arts and athletics, and a daily life strongly rooted in the Quaker values of community, equality, and service. We affirm the Quaker belief that there is an inner light in each person which influences our decision making and leads us to the truths we seek. We consider virtues of simplicity, integrity, group wisdom, and respect for differences paramount to helping students of all faiths and backgrounds discover their missions in the world.
In its hiring practices, Moses Brown deliberately seeks to maximize the diversity of the school (in terms of class, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, and language).
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations will have responsibility for managing a number of key alumni program areas, while also providing high-level administrative support to the Director and the Moses Brown Alumni Association Board.
- Alumni Communications (35%)
- Manage the production and distribution of a regular schedule of digital communications (Alumni e-newsletter), collaborating with the Director and the Communications & Community Engagement staff
- Feed Social media channels with alumni-focused content, coordinating with Communications & Community Engagement staff
- Maintain Alumni Relations web presence, photo and video galleries
- Contribute to Cupola (alumni magazine) editorial and content development process
- Independently prepare Class Notes and alumni event pages for Cupola
- Work with the Director to market and promote the MB Connects App (sophisticated on-line alumni directory) to maximize its potential as an alumni engagement and community-building tool
- Manage Alumni Event Invitations, Communications & Attendance (25%)
- Partner with Director, Development staff, and alumni volunteers to ensure maximum attendance at events
- Manage event invitation process, including print invitations, web, e-mail, and social media marketing/reminders, and special video promotions
- Partner with event designer to provide logistical support, as needed, for alumni events
- Oversee event registration process and manage attendance data
- Attend and manage check-in process for on-campus and local alumni events (and occasionally for events outside RI)
- Reunion Planning and Class Liaison (20%)
- Provide logistical event planning support to the Director and Event Designer
- Manage a series of print and electronic invitations and reminders
- Manage registration process and follow-up communication with alumni
- Act as staff liaison for multiple reunion class committees
- Provide support materials for other reunion liaisons
- Provide Administrative Support to the Director of Alumni Relations and the MB Alumni Association (MBAA) Board (20%)
- Maintain data and provide program analysis and benchmarking reports for the Director and the MBAA Board
- Prepare presentations and materials for MBAA Board Meetings and make logistical meeting arrangements
- Track expenses, maintain records, and provide reports on the Alumni Relations and MBAA budgets
- Provide materials in support of special program initiatives as directed
- Support the Director by scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, arranging on-campus alumni visits/tours and providing other administrative support as directed
Moses Brown School has a student body of 775+ students from nursery through 12th grade, represented by approximately 600 families. The school launched its historic fundraising campaign, MB Believes, in 2013 with a goal of $56.5 million. As of December 31, 2016, over $36 million has been raised from more than 2,700 donors.
The Alumni Relations team, collaborating with the MBAA Board (25+ members from around the country), executes a robust annual program of events and communications designed to keep alumni connected to each other and the school. The program has evolved significantly in recent years, with a multi-faceted digital and print alumni communications strategy and approximately 20 events locally and around the country that engage more than 700 alumni attendees each year. MB has more than 5,000 active alumni, about 45% of whom live in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts.
Contacts require confidentiality, sensitivity, collegiality and interest in solving or ameliorating problems and helping alumni to improve their connections to Moses Brown and one another. The Asst. Dir. of Alumni Relations will have regular contact with all members of the Development and Alumni Relations Office as well as with colleagues around the school including the Business, Communications, Head of School, Admissions, Maintenance & Operations, and the administrative offices of each of the three divisions. The Asst. Dir. of Alumni Relations will work most closely with:
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Event Designer
- Asst. Head of School for Institutional Advancement
- Associate Director of Development
- Communications Editor & Publicist
- Director of Communications & Community Engagement
- Directors of Leadership Giving
- Director of Data Management
- Members of the Moses Brown Alumni Association Board