Cascades Academy is an independent PK-12 day school with 195 students located in the beautiful mountain town of Bend, Oregon. The school was founded in 2003 and resides on an award-winning 21-acre campus located on the Deschutes River. The school’s unique mission weaves challenging academics with experiential learning and actively cultivates a nurturing and inclusive school community.
The school is seeking one full-time 1st Grade Teacher for the 2017-18 school year.
Position Title: 1st Grade Teacher
Reports to: Lower School Head
Start Date: August 2017
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provides consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to content.
- Monitors and maintains a positive classroom environment in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extracurricular/school related activities and committees.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans.
- Engages parents and guardians in the education of their children.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by division head or Head of School.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience teaching elementary aged children
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers and staff
- A commitment to the "whole child" through age-appropriate, child-centered, experiential learning
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Salary dependent on experience and education.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.