Headwaters School, a Pre-K through grade 12 independent day school serving 540 students across its three campuses in Austin, TX, is seeking a Middle School and High School Spanish instructor and Foreign Languages Department Chair for the 2017-2018 academic year.
At Headwaters, our esteemed Faculty are responsible for fostering a positive environment of learning that responds to the particular needs of each child and classroom environment; helping each student to develop identity formation, to live authentically, to think expansively and to create bravely. The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with and able to teach middle and high school Spanish.
Teaching Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Spanish preferred
- At least three years prior experience teaching in a Middle School and/or High School setting
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
- Advanced Degree, preferred
- International Baccalaureate (IB) experience and training, preferred
- Experience living and working abroad, and/or native speaker preferred.
- Passion for working with middle and high school-aged children
- Is a team player
- A commitment to personal and professional development
- Is a creative individual
- Ability to maintain calm and focus
- Operates with a high level of integrity
- Highly organized & tech savvy
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position and compensation is competitive for the greater Austin area. The school offers a wide-range of benefits including generous paid time off, 100% paid medical insurance for the employee and 401(k) employer matching, on-going professional support and continuing education opportunities, and a unique working environment where you are able to share and receive ongoing feedback.
Interested applicants should go to the Headwaters School Employment website to apply.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit school, Headwaters does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local law in its administration of policies regarding eligibility for faculty and staff positions. All applicants are subject to a background check prior to being hired.