Director of Learning Services (preschool-8th grade)
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking highly qualified candidates for a Director of Learning Services (preschool-8th grade) for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning August 1, 2017.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS employs over 300 full and parttime women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives needbased tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into fouryear colleges. For more information about our school please visit SHS Fast Facts
Summary of Position
The P-8 Director of Learning Services (Director of LS) is responsible for oversight of all learning services and the resource center. The Director of LS leads a team who endeavor to create a culture that promotes self-esteem, a positive attitude toward learning and the optimal attainment of the educational goals of every student in our community. Through one-on-one work with students of all academic capabilities, they seek to assist students to realize their full potential in an environment that promotes self-awareness, self-motivation and self-advocacy in a comprehensively accessible environment and ensures a successful academic experience. In addition to stellar teaching skills, an ideal candidate will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, a gentle and caring attitude and most important, a willingness to collaborate with a dynamic team of engaged educators. A healthy sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description please go to SHS Career Page and look under the P-8 heading for the 2017-18 Director of Learning Services posting.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for oversight of all learning services in the P-8.
• Provides direct supervision of all learning services faculty including Literary/Math specialists.
• Responsible for assessment and support of all P-8 students and the implementation of individual learning enrichment and/or reinforcement support plans.
• Acts as a case manager for all students on academic probation, and select students in need.
• Coordinate with Director of Curriculum to develop Benchmark Assessments for students in specific subjects.
• Coordinates with the Director of Curriculum for benchmarking and the standardized testing program for the P-8 as a way to evaluate students including but not limited to the ERB testing.
• Educate faculty, families and students to ensure effective implementation of accommodations.
• Guides the Interactive Process as necessary to address requests for accommodation including mentoring students in usage of their accommodations.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Master's degree or post graduate work in Special Education with an emphasis in learning differences, reading comprehension or teaching methodology.
• A minimum of five years teaching experience in an learning resource center or classroom environment.
• Willingness to adapt to an existing program as well as contribute ideas to enhance the learning support programs.
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it and a commitment to equity and inclusion Values - Goals & Criteria.
SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You MUST indicate Director of Learning Services 2017-18 in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit.
You may also choose to mail your materials to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Director of Learning Services 2017-18
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency