Wooster School is seeking a Registrar for its Middle and Upper Schools. The Registrar reports to Director of Curriculum & Technology Collaborates with Department Coordinators, Director of Teaching & Learning
The ideal applicant will have significant experience working with Blackbaud’s On products, and the academic administration of independent schools. Facility with technology, including Google Drive, is essential, as is having a curious, positive, active, and collaborative disposition.
- Assist in construction of the school’s yearly academic calendar.
- Collaborate on the creation of the master schedule and ensure its accuracy in the Blackbaud database.
- Collaborate on the creation and distribution of the weekly, delayed opening, early dismissal, and special schedules.
- Manage communication regarding student and faculty schedules.
- Serve as a faculty resource for academic, grading, and scheduling systems.
- Create, maintain, and communicate study hall schedules to students and faculty.
- Review students’ transcripts and schedules for conflicts and credit requirements.
- Collaborate on transcript review, scheduling, and communication for new students.
- Fulfill and facilitate transcript requests, including through Naviance as part of the college process.
- Manage the administration of the grading process in Blackbaud.
- Create and maintain physical student files.
- Organize, file, and communicate about standardized test scores, using Naviance.
- Create, post, and maintain the textbook list, including NY state’s book purchasing program.
- Manage the administration of course signups and online enrollment.
- Ensure accuracy of course descriptions in Blackbaud database.
- Manage the administration of academic awards.
- Serve as the AP Coordinator and organize AP exams and process.
- Collaborate on the organization and documentation of Clubs and PM Activities.
- As needed, serve as an advisor to Middle or Upper School students.
- Attend regular professional development surrounding Blackbaud and other administrative systems and software.
Founded in 1926, Wooster School, a co-educational, Pre K-12, college preparatory day school with an enrollment of approximately 375 students, is located in Danbury, Connecticut. Wooster educates a diverse population of students in academic ability, socioeconomic background, and ethnicity. The School is a member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools and the National Association of Independent Schools. Wooster is a community of thinkers, learners, and creators. By combining tradition, innovation, and the power of relationships, we produce curious, capable and compassionate learners who possess the skills and dispositions to be successful and fulfilled learners for life.
Wooster is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to a competitive salary, employees receive retirement, health insurance, tuition remission, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance benefits.