Exciting Opportunity for an Extraordinary Teacher
A Crofton House education offers extraordinary possibilities. Each girl comes to the school to pursue the possibilities of a CHS education. She has extraordinary potential and embraces her complete education. As a graduate, she takes the extraordinary into the world, fulfilling the promise of her Crofton House experience. We inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence. At Crofton House School, we value courage, creativity and citizenship.
2017 - 2018 School Year
Teacher, Digital Film and ICT, Senior School
Full or Part-Time (to be determined) - Continuing Contract
The Creative Arts and Applied Skills Department at Crofton House School is distinguished by extraordinary teachers who provide a collaborative, inquiry-based, and student-centered approach to the study of Art, Digital Film, Drama, Food, Information Communication Technology, and Textiles. Through this program, students develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills while exploring creative arts and learning applied skills. The teaching facilities are well equipped and offer bright and technology rich environments.
As an experienced, skilled and creative digital film teacher and ICT teacher, you inspire students. You are actively engaged in planning, implementing and assessing effective and progressive student learning. You are confident in curriculum development and demonstrate an approach to teaching that is reflective of the way in which girls learn. You optimize the resources available to you including industry standard equipment related to the production and editing of digital film. You support all learners with diverse strategies and approaches and bring innovative solutions to learning challenges experienced by students. Your classes are student-centered and dynamic. Students will find you to be approachable, available, knowledgeable, genuine and supportive. You are energized by what you do. You understand the importance of parents as partners in their daughter’s education by maintaining open and collaborative relationships with the parent community. As a lifelong learner, you demonstrate a commitment to actively seeking professional development. You participate actively in the life of the school.
- Seek ways to bring a student-centered, inquiry-based and collaborative approach to the delivery of the B.C. curriculum of Applied Skills
- Work collaboratively with teachers in the Senior Schools to plan, develop, implement an extraordinary learning experience for each individual student
- Supports school communication by participating in the production of films related to significant events and activities
- Build relationships with teachers and staff across the school community.
- Set annual professional goals
- Be an active and positive participant in the co-curricular program
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Relevant university qualifications preferably at the graduate level (e.g. Bachelor of Education plus Bachelor of Art (Film Production, Communication, Media Arts) or equivalent)
- C. Ministry of Education Certificate
- Experience in an independent school an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices outlined in the BC Ministry of Education documents
- Knowledge of and experience working with technology related to the creation and production of digital film including cameras, editing software (Final Cut Pro)
- Knowledge of differing learning needs and a toolbox of strategies for facilitating student success in the study of design skills
- Knowledge of the current research on girls and learning
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time-management and communication skills
- A commitment toward continued professional development and growth
- Energy, commitment and a readiness to participate in the co-curricular program the diverse life of the school community
Employment and Application Details:
The appointment is effective September 2017 (orientation on August 28, 2017). We offer competitive compensation, an extensive benefits program including participation in the Crofton House Pension Plan (RRSP), and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers by March 26, 2017.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
For more information, please visit www.croftonhouse.ca