Technology Support Specialist
Non-Exempt 1.0 FTE
Bertschi School educates children to become compassionate, confident and creative learners in a global community.
Our community values integrity, inclusiveness, respect, diversity and a commitment to sustainability.
- Our teachers inspire academic excellence and individual success
- Our curriculum fosters intellectual curiosity and emotional maturity
- Our school encourages social responsibility and collaborative problem solving
- Our community supports and celebrates the unique gifts of every child
Our Diversity Statement
Bertschi School is committed to honoring the unique contributions to our society by people of all ethnic, economic, religious, and racial backgrounds, physical abilities, learning styles, and sexual orientation. We are actively committed to increasing the diversity in our school community to reflect the world in which we live.
Bertschi School, founded in 1975, is a Washington State approved elementary school. We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS). The school serves children from pre-kindergarten through grade five. Bertschi School is an exciting environment for professionals who like to be part of a dynamic team and who thrive on the challenges and rewards of working with an active community. The staff enjoys a salary and benefit package in line with other independent private schools in the Northwest.
The primary role of the Technology Support Specialist is to provide technical support for faculty, administrative staff, and students. The Technology Support Specialist maintains classroom hardware and software, provides user access to network services, and provides technology related administrative assistance. End-user support is a vital role in the function of the school and involves many areas of responsibility.
END-USER SUPPORT – FACULTY/STAFF AND STUDENTS
- Provide technical assistance and support to all faculty, support staff, and administrative staff as well as students in a classroom setting.
- Provide technical assistance to in collaboration with the Technology Team regarding computer lab hardware and software, student access to files, and all other related technology issues.
- Manage student & teacher account creation and maintenance for various educational platforms (TypingAgent, BrainPoP, SRI, Pearson, etc.)
WORKSTATION AND EQUIPMENT SUPPORT
- Set up and maintain all workstation hardware in classrooms, computer lab, faculty areas, and administrative offices. Perform annual cleaning and upgrades of equipment.
- Install and update system level software, user applications, virus protection software, and utilities to maintain the stability, performance, and integrity of all workstations.
- Maintain all printers and keep stock of printer consumables.
- Provide user-level network services including assigning accounts and passwords, setting permissions, and assisting faculty/staff and students (users) with network access and use of network-based applications.
- Set up and maintain student file server to support student logins. Document setup and maintain login and password records.
- Set up and maintain student laptop and iPad deployment services including Munki software update server and Meraki iPad management.
- Set up and operate technology equipment for meetings, school functions, or class related activities, including some evening meetings and events.
- Be an active member of the Technology Team.
- Pursue professional development through technology related classes, seminars, conferences, and publications. Follow industry trends to maintain flexibility in network and platform changes.
- Attend regular staff and other meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School.
- Comply with all software licensing restrictions and equipment licensing requirements.
- Support technology purchasing with budget tracking and reporting.
- Maintain warranty, purchase, and inventory records and support documentation.
- Maintain AV equipment including electronic white boards, projectors, document cameras, digital photo and video cameras, sound equipment, and other related hardware.
- Assist with server and network hardware and software upgrades and maintenance including wireless networking equipment.
- Assist as needed to maintain a secure network and backups.
- Provide training for faculty and staff in use of network, server access, and general workstation and printer use. Provide how-to documents to faculty/staff for quick reference to frequently asked questions.
- Work in collaboration with the Tech Team to promote a community culture that supports the safe and responsible use of technology. Increase staff awareness surrounding the best practices of digital citizenship.
- In collaboration with the Tech Team, assist users in evaluating technology needs and planning for future projects.
- In collaboration with the Tech Team, assist with specialized networked software for reference software, online mathematics, typing, and assessment tools.
- In collaboration with the Tech Team assist in determining need, evaluate, and purchase equipment and software at most competitive prices. Plan upgrades and replacements for budgeting purposes.
- Identify and coordinate, with the Technology Team, training and support for continued learning opportunities in technology