Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
The school also believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the school’s success and that contribution is not limited to the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is the school’s expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of its endeavors.
Position Title: Assistant Director of Admission
FTE: 1.0 (Exempt); Level: 2A
Reports to: Director of Admission
The Assistant Director of Admission manages the Beginning School (BS) and Lower School (LS) admission process including recruitment, assessment, and enrollment of BS and LS students and families. The Assistant Director also supervises the Admission & Summer Camps Coordinator, serves as the admission liaison to the Parent Faculty Association, and oversees new family integration.
• Lead the BS & LS admission process from point of inquiry to enrollment, including working directly with prospects, evaluating applicants for admission, overseeing student visit days, and facilitating faculty admission committees. Serve as point person for yield of BS & LS admitted students.
• Initiate and manage BS & LS recruitment strategies including outreach to schools, on and off-campus recruitment events, and personalized communication with BS & LS prospective families.
• Manage all BS & LS campus tours, related follow up, and tour reports for BS and LS prospects. Serve as the liaison to the Parent Faculty Association by attending Executive Council meetings and periodically providing updates and overseeing parent volunteer recruitment for admission events, and any new initiatives that leverage the parent body as a resource for admissions.
• Oversee new family integration: Partner with the PFA New Family Integration Coordinator on initiatives to welcome new families. Partner with the Data Coordinator on managing the Host Family Program, oversee new family focus groups, new student gatherings, and division head parent coffees.
• Supervise the Admission & Summer Camps Coordinator’s work managing all on and off-campus recruitment, admission, and yield events, Upper School student ambassadors, and summer camps. Work with the Coordinator and admission team to advance admission events strategy.
• Provide planning and support to the admission director and admission team as needed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT AND APPLY AT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=161