Mackintosh Academy, a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades K through 8th, is seeking Homeroom Lead Teachers for the 2017–2018 academic year in the 3rd grade. Mackintosh Academy presents an exceptional opportunity to work with bright, dedicated, and creative students and colleagues in a highly innovative and naturally beautiful setting.
We seek candidates who value the balance of intellectually challenging and creative program with developmentally appropriate and research-based practices. Our excellent student-teacher ratios allow for individualized instruction and education of the whole child. Homeroom Lead Teachers are responsible for teaching in a self-contained classroom, working collaboratively with a Team or Assistant Teacher to implement an academically strong, child-centered and differentiated curriculum to gifted children. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and training in working with children at this range. Mackintosh Academy is an equal opportunity employer seeking a more diverse workplace.
- Works closely with a Team or Assistant Teacher to coordinate homeroom instruction using a variety of best curricular approaches including: word study, writers and reading workshop, conceptual and manipulative-based math approaches, inquiry/hands-on science, and integrated and thematic social studies.
- Coordinates IB planning and implementation via a highly collaborative relationship with other grade-levels, specialist teachers, and curriculum coordinators.
- Facilitates the social and emotional development of the students. Key components of our daily life include: morning meetings, class meetings, service and leadership opportunities, class and school-wide agreements, rituals, routines, and all-school gatherings.
- Implements a variety of instructional and assessment methods including integrated use of educational technology, design-thinking, experiential education, and project-based learning.
- Maintains solid frequent and effective communication with home, colleagues and administration.
- Participates in staff meetings, retreats, and on various committees.
- Supports the overall mission of Mackintosh Academy.