Requirements and responsibilities of position:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and a wide range of instructional pedagogies.
- Utilize technology effectively—both in classroom instruction and for student assignments.
- Create a classroom environment that is safe, orderly, and engaging.
- Provide student feedback that is of a consistently high quality, and offers provisions for students to use feedback in their learning.
Planning and Curriculum
- Design learning activities that are both consistent with IB program requirements and highly relevant to students.
- Design and implement lesson or unit structures that are clear, logical, and transparent.
Communication and Community Participation
- Provide clear communication of requirements, expectations, and academic progress provided to students.
- Provide frequent information to parents, as appropriate, about the instructional program and student progress.
- Work and communicates with HOD to evaluate curriculum and pedagogy that will best foster student success.
Interested candidates should submit their most recent cover letter and resume via e-mail to Dominique Mas, Head of Language Department at email@example.com with the heading High School Part-Time Mandarin Teacher by Friday March 24, 2017.
Dwight School’s goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities. It is also the policy of Dwight School to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regards to any term or condition of employment.