Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12, on a 125 acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Upper School seeks an administrative coordinator to provide pivotal support to the Deans’ office.
Primarily coordinating the work of the Dean of Students, the Associate Dean of Students, the Academic Dean, and the Dean of Teaching and Learning, this role is a critical link to the rest of the school. The administrative coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing a series of events as well as supporting the day to day operations of the office. The administrative coordinator will maintain a professional environment and have direct and significant interaction with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as central liaison between the Deans’ office and other school offices for the purpose of coordinating critical functions for the Dean of Students, the Associate Dean of Students, the Academic Dean and the Dean of Teaching and Learning.
- Coordinates and executes upper school events, including the opening of school, convocation, parents’ weekend, cum laude induction, and prize assembly.
- Oversees and executes the Deans’ summer mailing for all upper school students, including managing the response process.
- Updates and edits the student handbook.
- Creates, composes, and edits written materials for formal correspondence and inter office documents.
- Serves as a first line resource in resolving questions and concerns for students and parents in person, by telephone, and on e-mail.
- Provides general administrative support to the Dean of Students, Associate Dean of Students, the Academic Dean, and the Dean of Teaching and Learning including coordinating appointments and maintaining calendars for all four.
- Manages daily attendance system for upper school students.
- Manages the budgets for the office of the Academic Dean and Dean of Students, including Residential Life.
- Maintains and manages confidential records for upper school students.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least two years of administrative experience. At least one year of experience managing budgets is required. Preferred candidates will have at least five years of administrative experience and some experience in a boarding school environment.
Other required experience and abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced work environment. Ability to solve problems independently. Extensive experience using Microsoft Office and Google suite of apps. Must understand issues of confidentiality.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.