- Daily classroom instruction; including planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with experience in differentiating instruction
- Ongoing communication and conferencing with parents
- Advising and mentoring a group of students in our life skills program
- Conferencing with students and colleagues as required
- Weekly collaboration with teaching partners to maintain and develop consistency within course offerings
- Active participation in the curricular improvement of the department
- Willingness to initiate or participate in co-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, Global Education Trips/Discovery Week, Camp, Math Team, or Coaching Athletics
- A degree and preferably a teaching certificate in a Physics with significant course work or experience in life sciences.
- The ability to passionately and effectively teach both Middle and Upper School science
- The ability to serve as an advisor and mentor to the Middle School students
- A strong and sincere commitment to professional development both in pedagogy and content area
- High standards and high expectations for students
- Commitment to being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
- A love of children, a passionate commitment to science, and a desire to work with all types of learners
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills
- A proficiency in the use of technology
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume, and transcripts should be submitted electronically to:
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.