St. Mark’s Episcopal School is conducting a search for a Lower School teacher to lead a third, fourth, or fifth grade classroom in the 2017-2018 school year.
St. Mark’s, established in 1979, is a coeducational parish day school, now serving 475 students from age two through Grade 8 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The foundation of St. Mark’s program is to provide students with balanced exposure to academics, arts, athletics, and spiritual life.
Guided by the theory and practice of Conscious Discipline, our teachers focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child to create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment. The Lower School academic program fosters independent and collaborative learning in a flexible, self-contained homeroom. This position demands a teacher with the developmental and pedagogical background to embrace upper elementary-aged children. Ideal candidates seek to partner with parents, collaborate with team members, and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
Qualified candidates should have the following competencies:
- a desire to implement an engaging curriculum that will meet the developmental and diverse needs of his/her students.
- an ability to establish and maintain strong home-to-school partnerships.
- professional and polished interpersonal skills to build strong relationships.
- excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- proficiency in educational technology.
- teaching an intentional social and emotional learning curriculum.
- providing developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in math, literacy, social studies, and science.
- facilitating the “The Daily 5” math and guided reading program.
- differentiating instruction to meet the individual needs of all students.
- integrating authentic, age appropriate technology into curriculum.
- communicating sensitively, regularly, and honestly with parents.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Ann Fernandez, Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org.