We are seeking a Dean of Diversity and Inclusion starting August 2017 to provide strategic leadership and vision in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position will work closely with the Division Directors, Dean of Students, and Academic Dean to support diversity-related student programs, facilitate cultural competency across the curriculum, assist in faculty recruitment and retention, and ensure adequate progress towards meeting diversity-related goals. Candidates should have leadership experience and strong communication, organizational and management skills. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate a deep understanding of issues related to diversity and inclusion and knowledge of inclusive teaching practices and multi-cultural educational experiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teaching two to three courses, serving as an advisor, and participating in extra-curricular school activities. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek a highly communicative and collaborative leader who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, lead, and support cultural competency integration across the curriculum.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to remain current with diversity and inclusion issues and practices.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and Division Directors improve effectiveness and success in recruiting and retaining diverse faculty.
- Work with the Admission Office to coordinate mentoring program for new Upper School students.
- Serve as a resource for faculty with respect to student support.
- Support and develop student diversity leadership in collaboration with the Dean of Students.
- Develop strong relationships with the various diversity and inclusion-related groups in the school, and respond to diversity related issues among the student body as they arise.
- Network with diversity coordinators at other independent schools as well as off-campus cultural resource organizations.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.