Latin School of Chicago is seeking a full-time SCIENCE LAB MANAGER beginning late August 2017. The lab manager is responsible for supporting the middle and upper school science faculty in developing and executing the best lab experience for the students. The lab manager does not have primary responsibility for teaching classes, but will assist teachers during lab activities and in other respects in the classroom. Moreover, the lab manager will have ample opportunities to participate fully in the life of the school. A Bachelor's degree and experience working in a science lab are required. The annual salary is $32,000 and an excellent single benefits package is provided including a $3,000 educational grant.
Minimally, the lab manager will
- work with teachers on enhancing the lab experience for the students,
- review labs to fully understand the protocols and offer suggestions for more efficiency,
- run trials of labs ahead of the lesson, if needed,
- present protocols to students, if needed,
- order supplies,
- set up and maintain lab equipment,
- set up lab stations for the students and return materials at the end of the lesson,
- prepare chemical solutions,
- troubleshoot lab work with students,
- work with the department chair to budget, manage expenses, and make reports to the business office,
- work with the department chair to manage the technology and display areas within our science center,
- substitute science classes in middle and upper school, if time allows
Interested candidates should apply online at www.latinschool.org/employment. No telephone inquiries, please. Latin School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer.