Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Our ideal candidate loves working with young children, has a professional, nurturing demeanor and is dedicated to young children, their families and the profession. We hope to find a candidate who is passionate about working with young children ages and eager to engage in reflective practice.
Candidates should enjoy working in a team and have strong collaboration and communication skills.
He/She must be able to multi task, collaborates well with colleagues and families of diverse backgrounds, pay attention to detail, have a good sense of humor, be a self-starter and be highly flexible and responsive to the needs of our children and program.
- 12 ECE units required, higher degrees in education or early childhood education or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience with 3-5 year olds
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach, experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment and integrity
- Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check, LiveScan fingerprinting, and TB screening
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb.
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Average memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making. Average time pressure of decision making.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three to five references. Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to HR@woodland-school.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Woodland School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its educational or admission policies, financial aid distribution, or other school programs. Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.