Reports To: Classroom Teacher, Lower School Director, and Director of After School
Position Type: Full-time; Exempt; Faculty
Summary of Responsibilities: This full-time position assists the classroom teacher and staffs the After School program in delivering education and supervision to students in a variety of methods. This may include preparation of lessons and assignments, teaching lessons, classroom management, working with individual students and small groups, supervision of activities, and assessment. Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work duty before, during and after school are essential. Ideal for newly credentialed teachers looking to gain classroom experience. Also ideal for teachers seeking a Masters in Education or Credential program.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A BA/BS from an accredited college or university, with an interest in a teaching career.
- A strong desire to work in a setting that leads with academics and is coupled with social/emotional learning. Familiarity with Responsive Classroom and Playworks approaches a plus.
- Proven ability as a team player and self-starter.
- Excels in leading student engagement, possesses strong conflict resolution skills, and growth mindset approach to student learning.
- Ability to support a lead teacher and the ASP program, and interact with children in a developmentally appropriate way.
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work both within the classroom and afterschool settings, including duties before, during, and after school. (Isn’t this part of the above paragraph?)
Bentley School is a premier co-educational K - Grade 12 independent school in Oakland and Lafayette California. Compensation is competitive with similarly situated schools and job responsibilities. The School offers a comprehensive benefits package, and funds for professional development. Bentley does not discriminate on any basis in matters of employment. Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest, the names and contact information for 3 references, resume, and teaching philosophy statement to: TeachingAssociate2017@bentleyschool.net. No Phone calls, please.