About Tabor Academy
Tabor Academy is a selective independent coeducational boarding and day school of 500 students in grades 9-12. Located on 87 acres of waterfront property on Sippican Harbor, the village of Marion in the southeastern corner of Massachusetts is under an hour’s drive from Boston and Providence. Established in 1876 to serve the children of Marion, Tabor today serves students from 20 states and 21 countries with broad socio-economic representation and a myriad of cultural and educational experiences.
Tabor Academy is seeking an Associate Director of Admissions. This is a traditional admissions Associate position including interviewing, travel, candidate assessment and event planning. Additional responsibilities include coaching 1 season or the equivalent and tending duties in the evening as a member of a dormitory team. Housing is provided.
Key Responsibilities and Characteristics
- interview prospective families, lead an Admissions Committee comprised of faculty and staff, and make decisions regarding acceptances
- understand and know the current independent school market
- possess a level of awareness, knowledge and skills along the cultural competence continuum
- represent Tabor Academy at admissions fairs, encouraging our constituent families to visit our campus
- be passionate about the value of a boarding school education
- be current and active in all social media platforms
- be knowledgeable in reading admissions data and setting strategy
- possess excellent interpersonal, communication (writing, presenting, listening), and organizational skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with prospective families, faculty and other employees with tact and professionalism, in person, on the phone and via email
- be a team player and creative problem solver
- convey patience, empathy, enthusiasm in their work with families and adolescents
- model flexibility in both implementing best practices and pursuing success for each student
- enjoy collaborating with colleagues within and across all areas and aspects of school life
- invest in the community and participate in the community outside of the admissions office
- possess a ready and willing sense of humor
Electronic materials only, please. If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and educational philosophy to email@example.com with “ADOA” in the Subject line.
Tabor Academy does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other Academy-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices.