The Academy of the Holy Names is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, academic, personal and physical growth of each student within an atmosphere of care and concern, while providing quality educational opportunities for students of diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds, and encouraging each student to realize his/her full potential as an intelligent and culturally, spiritually and socially aware individual.
Employment Opportunity: The Academy of the Holy Names seeks an Elementary School Art Teacher who is talented and energetic to instruct our elementary school students for the 2017-2018 school year. The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education or Art. Art Education background and teaching experience preferred. Florida Certificate or credentials to obtain certificate. Responsive Classroom certificate (or ability to complete 4-day course over summer).
- Maintaining a classroom environment based on respect and that reflects the values and mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Establishing a culture of learning and an environment of positive social interaction that actively engages students in learning and self motivation.
- Establishing and maintaining classroom expectations that challenges students to strive for excellence in all that they do.
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and clay.
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school community.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Communicate with students and parents regarding progress.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration.
Please submit a cover letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references to http://holynamestpa.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a29pfkzpqth1.
No phone calls.
The Academy of the Holy Names does not discriminate on the basis of race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin in its hiring process nor in the administration of educational policies, admission policies or tuition-assistance programs, athletics or other school-administered programs. The school admits students of any race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin, and gives to all students rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all members of the student body. In accordance with its mission, the school seeks a population composed of many different voices, viewpoints and backgrounds. The Academy of the Holy Names is a designated drug-free workplace.