This is currently a part time position (60% - five mornings) with the
possibility of additional hours depending upon student enrollment.
Laurel School seeks talented faculty who will put our students first and strive to make a difference in their lives. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty who thrive on being engaged participants in our community. The most successful candidates see opportunities before problems, can laugh at themselves and succeed in a fast paced, forward-thinking educational environment. We are particularly interested in attracting teachers who have lived internationally, who have experience in residential settings, who view themselves as entrepreneurial, flexible, curious and creative. Laurel lives the mission: to inspire each girl to fulfill her promise and to better the world. We continually challenge our community to dream, dare, and do.
The co-teacher is in charge of all aspects of running the classroom. S/he will provide a Pre-Primary setting that is nurturing, cognitively rich, positive, and cross-culturally sensitive. S/he will set a tone in which the intellectual, developmental, and affective needs of children are met in his/her classroom.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Guide children in exploration and discovery
- Coach children to develop curiosity, persistence, creativity, problem-solving, confidence and resilience
- Encourage children to make choices independently and to listen to their body signals
- Work with children individually and in groups
- Assess learning of each child continually
- Participate as a member of the entire Pre-Primary team and collaborate with colleagues school wide
- Attend divisional and all-school meetings and events as needed
- Maintain clear communications with families to achieve common goals
- Supervision of children during lunch and dismissal as assigned
- Support divisional and school wide initiatives