System Administrator Job Description
The Nightingale-Bamford School
Reports to: The Director of Information Technology (DOT)
Position Description: Reporting to the DOT, the System Administrator is responsible for managing aspects of network administration such as servers, desktop systems, laptops, network hardware/software, and technical support for faculty and staff. Additionally, the System Administrator will coordinate all efforts with the Technology Department when providing administrative and academic technology support and services to faculty and students.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, and K-12 environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field. A+ certification is a plus.
- Experience in Macs, PCs, and Active Directory, WiFi platforms, Barracuda, VPN systems, Blackbaud, Airwatch, VOIP, Apple TV, Air Server, and Citrix Server environment is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years K-12 and System Administration Experience.
- Provide technical assistance and support for issues related to software and network access, VOIP Phones, Active Directory, and student information systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on administrative and staff workstations, faculty and student mobile devices, printers, and copiers.
- Install and update system level software, user applications, and virus protection software.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty and students in a classroom setting.
- Partner with the departmental technology integrators to manage Nightingale’s K-12 1:1 iPad and mobile device program.
- Work with the Technology Department to oversee technical support for after-hours and in-school community wide events that require technology assistance and AV setups.
- Work with our Network Consultant to research and secure services of outside vendors to support network initiatives and monitor the usage of the network equipment ensuring user compliance with Nightingale’s Responsible Use Policy.
- Maintain inventory of networking equipment and infrastructure, school mobile devices, and hardware/software warranties.
- Participate in the formation of the annual technology budget.
- Work with Technology Department members to test and troubleshoot helpdesk requests.
- Support the needs of the Technology Department as requested.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
This position will require working evenings and weekends when necessary and lifting computer hardware from time to time.