Instrumental Music Teacher (4th – 8th grade)
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking highly qualified candidates for an Instrumental Music Teacher (4th – 8th grade) for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning August 1, 2017.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS employs over 300 full and parttime women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives needbased tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into fouryear colleges. For more information about our school please visit SHS Fast Facts
Summary of Position
Successful candidates will be able to teach instrumental music to upper elementary student and direct bands. In addition to stellar teaching skills, an ideal candidate will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, a gentle and caring attitude and most important, a willingness to collaborate with a dynamic team of engaged educators. A healthy sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description please go to SHS Career Page and look under the P-8 heading for the 2017-18 Instrumental Music Teacher posting.
• Responsible for teaching instrumental music to upper elementary and middle school students and directing the lower and the middle school bands.
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts and other assignments for various music courses.
• Supports and when requested, provides music in regular and special performances for school program, Masses and prayer services, community activities, concerts, and festivals.
• Works with appropriate administrators in regards to planning, evaluating, and revising curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it. Values - Goals & Criteria and a commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents.
• MA degree and 5 years of experience at lower/middle school level, or experience equal to it, required. Teaching credential and experience in an independent school and/or Catholic school strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and teach a curriculum in conjunction with the Fine Arts Department.
• Recent successful experience in directing and producing instrumental music productions.
• Ability and experience to oversee a department budget.
• Strong experience with all aspects of production including but not limited to selecting appropriate material and inspiring budding talent.
• Collaborative spirit and collegial nature to support a positive working relationship with other fine arts teachers, the Theater Technical Director and operations.
SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You MUST indicate 4-8 Instrumental Music Teacher 2017-18 in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit.
You may also choose to mail your materials to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: 4-8 Instrumental Music Teacher 2017-18
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency