The Director of the English as a Second Language program designs and implements the student academic program. The Director coordinates with the Academic Dean, the Admissions Office, the Academic Scheduler and the Registrar to assess fluency and the academic plan for new and returning students. The Director develops an Individual Learning Plans to communicate the needs of their students to classroom teachers. Responsibilities also include the overall coordinator of testing programs at the school. Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Certification or Masters-level work supporting English language learners
- Demonstrable skills in oral and written communication
- Ability to work well in a student-centered curriculum
- A deep understanding of learning styles and differentiated instruction practices
- Background in testing and assessment practices
- Desire to work with high school learners
- Skill at managing multi-faceted work in an intense and supportive learning community
Experience or interest in learning the Understanding by Design curriculum development framework is expected, and attending a weeklong new faculty workshop in early August is required. In addition, the position includes the typical boarding school commitment to the residential life program.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
At Tilton School, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard for race, religion, natural origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law in the administration of employment practices or procedures, promotion, or application of employee policies and benefits.