Trinity School, a co-educational, K-12 institution located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, seeks a full-time Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator beginning September 2017.
The Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator is considered both a classroom teacher and a faculty technology integration consultant. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding and appreciation of theories of learning and pedagogy for both children and adults. The ideal candidate will be patient, organized, hard-working, eager to learn, and feel comfortable with collaboration. At least two years of teaching experience with elementary-aged students and proven experience integrating technology in a school environment is preferred. Relevant experience building and conducting successful professional development opportunities for faculty and administration is most desirable.
The Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator will collaborate with the lead Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator to:
- co-teach and lead Lower School technology classes;
- be technologically savvy and excited to work with computers, tablets, and interactive boards;
- inspire, encourage, teach, and support Lower School faculty in the educational use of technology;
- support and promote technology professional development for faculty and administration;
- generate interest in the areas of digital media literacy, digital ethics, and robotics;
- help maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware;
- specialize in discipline-specific applications of technology (arts, science, etc.);
- find new ways to incorporate applications of technology into the Lower School; and
- Collaborate in the development of innovative and interesting projects for Lower School students.
The Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator will report to the Director of Educational Technology and work directly with the lead Lower School Educational Technology Coordinator. The Principal of the Lower School will oversee their work.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Trinity School seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community.
Interested candidates should post a resume as well as a cover letter outlining their readiness for this position to: http://www.applicantstack.com/client/trinityschool/x/openings