Allendale Columbia School (AC), a diverse, co-educational, college prep independent school serving over 420 students in grades nursery through twelve, seeks a dynamic, collaborative, nimble, and goal-oriented Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations to strategically contribute to the design and execution of all fundraising efforts and alumni relations.
The Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations will play a vital role in the AC community during an exciting time in the school’s history. He/she will report to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations and support him/her as well as the Campaign Director in all facets of the development and advancement efforts by leading initiatives related to annual giving, prospect management, event planning, and alumni relations. The ideal candidate will have the desire to contribute to a fun, entrepreneurial learning community that values creativity and innovative advancement ideas.
- Assist the Director of Development and Campaign Director in all aspects of major gifts, annual giving, and alumni relations.
- Coordinate donor cultivation, stewardship, and alumni relations events locally and nationally.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to develop annual giving communication, alumni engagement communication, gift proposals, and stewardship communication efforts.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts with an emphasis on prospect qualification and securing first time gifts.
- Establish and develop a prospect portfolio in support of the school’s fundraising and alumni relations priorities.
- Actively develop and maintain AC’s innovative custom database system to optimize data collection, meaningful alumni/ae information, important donor information, and regular reporting structures; support preparation of quarterly development progress reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Conduct prospect research and prepare visit briefings and research reports as needed.
- Attend special events and AC programs to engage with local constituents and support relationship development. (Some evening and weekend availability for these events is required.)
- Other duties as assigned in support of donor and alumni engagement.
The ideal candidate’s experience should include a solid grounding in relationship-building, communications, and fundraising; expertise in setting development goals and devising strategies for achieving them; experience working collaboratively on a team; and the ability to work effectively with trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and donors at every giving level. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ideal candidate must be flexible and share a willingness to take on new responsibilities in AC’s innovative, dynamic culture, especially as AC’s fundraising and alumni relations program continues to strengthen and evolve.
Please send resume and letter of interest to the Executive Assistant to the Head of School, Lynne Toomey, at email@example.com. Write your full name and “Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations” in the subject line. Please do not send a fax or a paper copy.
Now well into its second century, Allendale Columbia is a leading independent co-ed college prep school for students in nursery through grade 12. Here, learning goes far beyond books and tests. We have the freedom to dig deeper so students can question more, discuss, debate, and question again. As a result, our students develop critical thinking skills and become effective problem solvers. Our faculty members use their independence and experience to connect knowledge to real life so our students can make more sense of the world–and their place in it. It all adds up to a different school of thought: high expectations and relevant experiences that prepare students to succeed in a global community. For more information, visit www.allendalecolumbia.org.
Allendale Columbia School, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students.