The Agnes Irwin School seeks an experienced Middle School Psychologist/Counselor to fill a full-time position, beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide high-level social and emotional support for Middle School students.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Counsel students (individually and in small groups) needing social-emotional support
• Communicate and collaborate with parents, teachers, and outside professionals, as appropriate
• Collaborate with classroom teachers to support optimal classroom dynamics, fostering quality learning
• Collaborate with Learning Specialists and parents regarding learning accommodations
• Offer proactive programming consistent with the developmental needs of adolescent girls
• Teach wellness or social-emotional support classes, as needed
• Partner with Director of Middle School to provide parenting education
• Conduct assessments for possible, private referrals
Successful applicants must possess:
• Master's Degree required; Ph.D. or MSW preferred
• Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years experience as a School Psychologist, School Social Worker, and/or private Counselor
• Evidence of deep understanding of girls’ psychological and social-emotional development, family systems, current trends and treatment modalities
• Evidence of successful work in counseling adolescent girls
• Proficiency in report writing, particularly the social-emotional accommodation portion of Learning Plans
• Strong interpersonal and conflict-management skills
• Computer proficiency
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Please do not use the NAIS "Apply Now" option, as The Agnes Irwin School only accepts applications submitted through the below referenced link, to an online application.
All candidates must apply using the following link:
The Agnes Irwin School is actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity plans and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive salary and benefits.