Business & Office Manager
Spring Hill School is an independent school in Petaluma, California serving children ages 18 months through 6th grade. We will be adding 7th and 8th grade in the fall. Spring Hill offers an engaging curriculum that promotes critical thinking and intellectual curiosity. We help our students to become leaders and life-long joyful learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities. We support our students to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty based on honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Works with Head of School and CFO as bookkeeper to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school ensuring that the school remains financially stable.
- Monitors daily and reports to Head of School the status of the school credit line and bank accounts.
- Prepares a monthly operating statement for the Head of School and the Board of Directors.
- Works with the CFO to provide information required to provide a monthly report of expenditures for the generation of a report of each individual budget center within the school.
- Schedules annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions with approved accounting firm and provides supporting records to accounting firm.
- Receives school’s payable invoices and ensures that they are accurate and are paid in a timely manner.
Payroll & Employee Benefits
- Works with school’s third-party payroll company to report bimonthly payroll information.
- Manages staff and faculty time off to ensure that time off taken is in the best interest of the school (e.g., staff time off requests are made with advance notice, time off is not during inappropriate times during the school year, substitute staffing has been arranged).
- Counsels employees regarding employee benefits (e.g., insurance, time off, retirement etc.).
- Works with insurance companies to ensure that school is offering cost effective employee benefits.
- At the direction of Head of School, produces employment agreements, ensuring accuracy of information contained therein.
- On boards new employees.
- Maintains and updates as necessary employee handbook.
- Maintains employee files.
Tuition & Tuition Assistance
- Calculates tuition for all school families.
- Works with third party tuition payment company to establish and maintain accounts for all school families.
- Generates and sends invoices to school families for balances due to the school outside of the tuition paid to tuition company.
- Works with the admission director in coordinating the tuition assistance application process of prospective and current school families.
- Maintains a current report of net tuition dollars and tuition assistance percentage.
- Works closely with Head of School and Development Director in implementation of school annual fund, including tracking of contributions, follow up with constituents.
- Works closely with Development Director and Fundraising Gala Committee to track donations, register guests at event, process credit card charges for bidders, and other duties related to this fundraising event as requested.
- Oversees the maintenance of the lower campus buildings and grounds.
- Works with the upper campus office manager regarding facilities maintenance of that campus.
- Communicates with landlord regarding school use of community buildings for school events.
- Troubleshoots computer and office machine problems.
- Responsible for staffing of holiday camp and summer camp programs.
- Maintains an active substitute roster and assists in procuring substitutes when necessary.
- Oversees and coordinates school’s compliance with Childcare Licensing regulations and California law, as such is fully informed of Childcare Licensing regulations and requirements.
- Maintains required classroom sign in sheets and updates as necessary.
- Maintains student files, ensuring that required immunizations are up-to-date and required forms are current.
- Works with outside companies that provide extra-curricular classes on Spring Hill Schools’ campuses.
- Coordinates extra-curricular classes and enrollment.
- Is school representative with extra-curricular class companies and teachers.
- Maintains inventory of school supplies, ordering replenishments in an efficient, cost effective, and timely manner, including office supplies, janitorial supplies, classroom supplies.
- Assists and attends school events/meetings which may occur on evenings or weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Supports the school and its leadership.