Position Available: Cottage Faculty
Start Date: August, 2017
FLSA Classification: Salaried, Exempt
THE CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
1001 E. Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341
Apply by letter to the address above (Attn: Director of Student Life) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include by separate attachments: cover letter, resume of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has been driven by its extraordinary mission to prepare a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS offers a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS is seeking a mature, organized, creative and energetic individual to reside in and supervise a dormitory of high school-aged students for the 2017-2018 academic school year. We are looking for a positive team player with demonstrated prior experience working with and mentoring young people; a person who is committed to a leadership role within the Residential Life program of a boarding school.
- A minimum of a BA or BS degree.
- Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of days and hours across nine months per year on-campus.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading groups of young people.
- Teaching experience within the classroom.
- Coaching experience and/or experience coordinating extra-curricular activities
The Cottage Faculty Member Must:
- Understand and welcome the challenge of supervising adolescent boys.
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the school’s mission, entire program and core values (respect, responsibility, integrity and brotherhood) through time dedication, personal example, actions and attitude.
- Cultivate and consistently maintain hospitable relationships with students, families and members of the CFS community.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with CFS students, adults and parents.
- Support the Residential Life curriculum by facilitating discussion groups and implementing lesson plans.
- Promote and develop a sense of community, collegiality and cooperation within the cottage and around the school.
- Encourage conscious moral reasoning and a desire to be honest, just, courageous and considerate.
- Be a positive mentor, lead by example, and teach what it means to maintain good health/hygiene and a personal living space.
- Manage the cleanliness of common areas and student rooms within the cottage.
- Mentor all students and guide student leaders, especially cottage prefects.
- Assist students in fostering an appreciation and respect for differences in individuals.
- Support the spiritual development of boys within the school’s Chapel program.
- Promote self-discipline and responsible decision-making among the students.
- Aid students in their academic preparation by helping them develop organizational and study skills.
- Actively participate in weekend activities, on and off campus, including community service projects and transportation support.
- Manage weekend and vacation forms as well as transportation requests for cottage residents.
- Attend scheduled faculty meetings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive, commensurate with experience.
POST DATE: March 28, 2017