Position Description Starting:
June 1, 2017
Brownell Talbot Aquatics will be the recognized authority and leader in compassionate coaching and competitive swimming instruction for young people. BT provides programs that will exemplify three aquatic components: educational, recreational, and competitive programs. BT Aquatics achieves excellence in innovative programming, customer service, and technical proficiency while building on the tradition of excellence at Brownell Talbot School.
BT Aquatics strives to make a positive difference in the lives of its team members by promoting good sportsmanship, biomechanically sound techniques, nutrition, healthy lifestyle, balance, commitment, responsibility, love for the sport of swimming, and self respect. We are committed to creating an environment where each individual athlete may realize his or her own potential. We believe that the healthiest motivation for a student is the motivation that comes from within, and we endeavor to draw out each student's natural energy, hope, and courage, thereby fueling the pursuit of their dreams.
Position General Description
The aquatics director is a year-round, full-time position, responsible for implementing the school’s vision for cutting-edge aquatic programs for preschool through grade 12 and furthering the school’s mission. The aquatics director will collaborate with Head of School and will work closely with the activities director, executive director of business and finance, and the director of facilities and campus safety.
The aquatics director:
- Oversees and coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of employees of the facility; supervises the day-to-day activities of staff.
- Oversees and coordinates the administration of the facility, to include scheduling of facility operations and contract management.
- Oversees the maintenance of the pools, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance.
- Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health, and safety standards are maintained; ensures the pool is compliant with all local, state, and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of aquatics programs for students, faculty, staff, and/or members of the general public.
- Responsible for leading and developing the youth competitive swim team and the high school varsity swim team.
- Leads swim practices to promote stroke development and physical conditioning.
- Participates in and teaches aquatic and safety certification training sessions, as necessary.
- Participates in the development of annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction.
- Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Communicates effectively with parents, students, school administrators, and community partners in regards to the aquatics program.
- Works with marketing and communications to promote the BT Aquatics program locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Proven program builder with ability to drive revenue while balancing changing priorities.
- High-level vision with practical implementation ability.
- Minimum of 5+ years administrative experience, preferably in an aquatics environment.
- BS required and MA preferred, preferably in the areas of Physical Education and Leadership.
- Experience managing daily operations of multiple pool facilities.
- Experience teaching and coaching swimming.
- American Red Cross WSI, Lifeguard instructor, CPO, AED certified.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, and Meet Manager or scheduling software.
- CPR/First Aid Instructor
- State of Nebraska Pool Operator
- USA Swimming Coach Certification
Application process: Interested candidates are invited to visit www.brownell.edu/careers to obtain an application. Please submit the completed application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.