Western Reserve Academy Intern Program 2017-2018
Western Reserve Academy offers an exciting opportunity for recent college graduates who are considering a career at a boarding school. Through this program, interns gain understanding and have hands on experience working in one or more areas of school. Past openings have included a meaningful role in the offices of admission, college counseling, advancement, communications, deans, or summer programs.
Participants leave the intern program with a year of experience and greater understanding of the inner workings of a prestigious boarding school.
Interns actively contribute to the many facets of school life. Expectations include:
- living in a dormitory and engaging in our residential life program, which includes two nights of dorm duty per week, weekend duty every four weeks, and attendance at meals;
- coaching support throughout the school year (three seasons);
- working closely with the director of the assigned area and colleagues in that department;
- contributing to the office in which assigned;
- guiding and interacting enthusiastically with students; and
- participating in faculty gatherings.
Interns are on staff for one year and receive a salary of $24,000, plus housing in a dormitory where internet, local phone service, cable, and all utilities are included. Also provided: all meals when school is in session; access to school facilities, including the fitness center; and medical/ dental benefits.
Candidates must be a college graduate before August 1, 2017, have interest in working with teens, and possess the skills and talents that would benefit a boarding school community. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Materials must be received by no later than April 24, 2017.