Major Gifts Officer
Hebron Academy is seeking a development professional who will play a key role in advancing the Academy’s major gifts program. This is a full time, full year position.
The Major Gifts Officer will focus on identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of leadership gift prospects and donors; maximizing gifts to the Academy; establishing long-term relationships with major donors; and working to meet the Academy’s fund-raising objectives. The Major Gifts officer will report to the Director of Advancement.
- Develop and execute development strategies to secure support from individuals at the leadership gifts levels ($25,000 and above) as part of a comprehensive fund-raising process
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
- Develop and steward a pool of prospects and establish long-term donor relationships with the Academy
- Significant travel expected to accomplish above
- Prepare reports, briefing materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of major gift prospects
- Support volunteer networks and assist in the identification, recruitment, and training of volunteers as needed
- Attend and staff events as required, including some weekend and evening work
Education, training and experience
Bachelor’s degree required. 2 to 3 years of development/fund-raising or related experience preferred with a strong preference for experience in major gifts work. Strong organizational skills and analytical skills required. Experience using Raisers Edge a plus. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
The ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time is required as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a member of a team. Must have a valid driver’s license.
About Hebron Academy
Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a small, independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for boys and girls in grades six through postgraduate. Students from across the United States and around the world are challenged and inspired to reach their highest potential in mind, body, and spirit through small classes, knowledgeable teachers who provide individual attention, in a friendly, respectful atmosphere. Hebron offers a comprehensive curriculum in language arts and literature, mathematics, science, foreign languages, and history and boasts vibrant athletic and fine arts programs that enrich students of diverse backgrounds and interests. Hebron is located on the foothills of the western mountains of Maine and is accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).