Marist School is an independent, Catholic day school which seeks to develop the whole person in the image of Christ. Marist’s mission is advanced through the communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs. Marist enrolls approximately 1,100 students in grades seven through twelve.
The Office for Institutional Advancement (OIA), which consists of Development, Alumni Relations, Communications, and Advancement Services, promotes philanthropy to advance the mission and priorities of Marist School. The OIA is currently seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Alumni Relations Coordinator to join its team. The Alumni Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and is an integral part of the OIA.
Marist School’s Alumni Relations program, which is a key part of the Office for Institutional Advancement (OIA), focuses on building, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with the school’s 10,000 alumni as well as with the growing body of parents of alumni. Various alumni initiatives, events, awards, and publications are aimed at fostering relationships that bind the school and alumni in a sense of common purpose and advance the school’s mission and goals.
The Alumni Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and works closely with the Special Events Coordinator, Advancement Services Team, Communications Team, and school administrators. The Alumni Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of signature annual alumni events and engagement efforts. The position requires extreme attention to detail, a high level of organization, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Relations, areas of responsibility include the following:
- Work with Director of Alumni Relations and in collaboration with the Special Events Coordinator to implement and staff various alumni events, including, but not limited to, Homecoming, Reunion Weekend, Ivy Street Alumni Luncheon, Alumni Women’s Luncheon, Young Alumni Christmas Luncheon, Alumni Golf Tournament, Parent of Alumni Gathering, Generations event, Service & Spirituality events, career networking events, and other alumni related events.
- In collaboration with Special Events Coordinator, prepare Director of Alumni Relations for events, including, but not limited to, providing briefing packets (directions, prospect info, attendee lists, talking points, etc.); drafting agendas; managing RSVP lists, nametags, and sign-in sheets; and preparing handouts and other meeting materials as needed.
- Assist in collecting attendance and survey data for evaluation of program and event effectiveness.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned volunteers, affinity groups, committees, events, and reunion classes.
- Work with the Director of Alumni Relations and campus partners to manage student based programs, including but not limited to the Career Connections program for rising seniors and the senior giving initiative.
- Responsible for sending correspondence to alumni as it pertains to life events (i.e. sympathy and congratulations notes and gifts, prayer requests, etc.) and respond to various requests from alumni and parents of alumni as appropriate.
- Assist Director of Alumni Relations with the implementation of a communications plan to inform, engage, and foster relationships with alumni; help manage content and provide administrative support for website and e-mail blasts, newsletters, social media, Marist Matters, annual report, etc.
- Assist Director of Alumni Relations with research and launch of new initiatives.
- Manage alumni information for publications, including class notes, births, marriages, and death announcements. Coordinate with Communications team to ensure accuracy in published information.
- Manage all inquiries, requests, and updates that come to various Alumni Relations email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.).
- Coordinate volunteer communications, meeting arrangements and preparation, and other logistics related to alumni programs and meetings.
- Perform data entry for alumni updates, event records, event registration, alumni research, database maintenance, and class notes as well as building data queries and reports.
- Maintain alumni portal on marist.com.
- Assist with general alumni communications including phone calls, emails, direct mailings, and campus tours.
- Ensure Alumni Office information is accurately maintained on Office for Institutional Advancement calendar, Marist School calendar, and other calendars as appropriate.
- Manage inventory and order supplies and giveaways for Alumni Office.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for Alumni Department; reconcile Alumni Relations budget and class reunion budgets monthly; and process invoices, liaise with Business Office, and handle purchase orders.
- Provide general administrative support to Alumni Office, including data entry, filing, and correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.