Marist School is an independent, Catholic day school which seeks to develop the whole person in the image of Christ. Marist’s mission is advanced through the communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs. Marist enrolls approximately 1,100 students in grades seven through twelve.
The Office for Institutional Advancement (OIA), which consists of Development, Alumni Relations, Communications, and Advancement Services, promotes philanthropy to advance the mission and priorities of Marist School. The OIA is currently seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Executive Assistant to join its team. The Executive Assistant reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and is an integral member of the OIA.
The position of Executive Assistant is integral to the success of Marist School’s Office for Institutional Advancement (OIA). The Executive Assistant provides overall administrative assistance to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, who oversees Development, Alumni Relations, Communications, and Advancement Services. The Executive Assistant interacts with Marist School administration, faculty and staff, trustees, parents, alumni, and friends. The Executive Assistant also provides general office support and manages various projects as directed by the Vice President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Vice President’s calendar, including the scheduling of meetings/appointments, travel, and special functions. Coordinates with the President’s Office, the Principal’s Office, and other offices on campus as
- Answers Vice President’s telephone when she is unavailable, handling requests, taking messages, or forwarding callers to voicemail or appropriate OIA staff member.
- Prepares Vice President for all meetings, prospect visits, and events, including but not limited to providing briefing packets containing prospect info, attendee lists, talking points, etc.; drafting agendas; and preparing handouts and other meeting
- Provides administrative support to Vice President with prospect moves management process, including data entry, report generation, filing, and
- Provides administrative support to the Development Committee, which is coordinated by the Vice President, including but not limited to communicating with committee members, preparing meeting materials, recording minutes, and assisting committee members with prospect assignments.
- Reconciles various office budgets monthly. Processes invoices, liaises with Business Office, and handles all purchase orders. Prepares monthly expense reports for Vice President.
- Provides administrative support at OIA Leadership Team meetings and office staff meetings, including but not limited to creating meeting materials and recording minutes.
- Coordinates mailing of birthday cards to Heritage Circle members and Christmas cards to donors and volunteers.
- Provides general office support, including:
- Opening office at 7:30 AM and ensuring coffee is available. Greeting and assisting office visitors and answering general department telephone and
- Coordinating office calendar (internally and with the school’s master calendar) and sending weekly OIA updates and
- Managing conference room calendar and overseeing policy and procedures for the room.
- Managing inventory of office and kitchen supplies, purchasing supplies as needed, and monitoring kitchen and office cleanliness.
- Providing administrative support for large mailings, events, and other projects as
- Providing back-up administrative support to Alumni Relations team as needed, including answering the Alumni Relations telephone and email when Alumni Relations team is absent; assisting with filing, correspondence, and large scale alumni data entry projects; assisting with correspondence and special mailings (i.e. sympathy cards, congratulatory notes and gifts, birthday cards, prayer requests, baby gifts); and assisting Director of Alumni Relations at meetings in the absence of the Alumni Relations Coordinator.
- Other duties as