The Middle School Chaplain provides spiritual inspiration, religious instruction, and pastoral care to the students, staff, and families of the TMI Community, with an emphasis on our Middle School Community. Serving at the pleasure of the Headmaster and Head Chaplain, the Middle School Chaplain works diligently to help the TMI community fulfill our mission "to provide an excellent educational community, with values based on the teachings of Jesus Christ, challenging motivated students to develop their full potential in service and leadership". As such, the Middle School Chaplain position requires deep religious commitment, theological acumen, public speaking ability, time management skill, and the energy to do ministry with Middle Schoolers and their families. The main requirements and responsibilities of the Middle School Chaplain position include: • A committed Christian who will help lead the "Spiritual Pillar" of the TMI Community, under supervision of the Head Chaplain
- Instruct Middle School students in religious studies classes on a daily basis.
- Coordinate the TMI "Interact" Community Service Program for both Upper and Middle School, empowering students and staff to become involved in meaningful servant leadership in the San Antonio area and beyond.
- Coordinate Middle School specific chapel events, and regular preaching, under the direction of the head chaplain
- Participate in the Residential Life program as a dorm parent.
- Coordinate with Head Chaplain, Counselor(s) and Division Heads to provide pastoral care for Middle School students, families, and staff.
Please complete the on-line application along with the document to consent to a background check.
All employees are required to attend “Safeguarding God’s Children” training