Job Description: TEACHER
Reports to: DEPARTMENT CHAIR
de Toledo High School, a vibrant and innovative independent high school, is looking for a dynamic English teacher who has a deep knowledge of and passion for literature and the writing process. We are seeking candidates with experience in teaching at all levels. (at-level, honors, and AP).
Teach four English classes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm for mission and vision of de Toledo High School and strong commitment to embrace and promote its culture
- 3+ years as a High School level teacher
- working with students of varying academic abilities
- creating, scaffolding, and differentiating curriculum
- collaborating with people within department and in other departments
- English grammatical concepts
- recursive writing process
- canonical literature and contemporary fiction, nonfiction, and young adult fiction
- social media and 21st century technology applications for classroom learning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels and in all settings
- Self-motivating, self-confident
- Willing communicator and collaborator; enthusiastic team player
- Commitment to professional development
- Unquestionable personal integrity, excellent judgment, sound instincts, diplomacy and patience
About de Toledo High School
Founded in 2002, de Toledo High School (formerly New Community Jewish High School) is an independent Jewish community high school located in West Hills, CA. It is a vibrant and academically rigorous school community where intellectual imagination and ethical action are inseparable. We seek to shape students into persons of character who will be respectful, knowledgeable, and collaborative leaders who conduct themselves in accordance with ethical standards. At dTHS, every student may strive to be both an A+ student and an A+ human being. Our mission is to raise a new generation of Jewish leaders for whom Jewish values and tradition shape and guide their vision and for whom knowledge creates possibilities for moral action, good character and shalom. For more information, please visit www.dths.org.