Director of Prospect and Bridge Programs
Wooster School is seeking a Director of the Prospect and Bridge Programs. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment reporting to the Director of Divisions and Head of School.
The Director of Prospect and Bridge Programs will be a passionate and effective advocate for students with language-based learning differences. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker and skilled communicator, with excellent analytical, organizational, and leadership skills. She/he must be a supportive team member who can understand these programs within the context of the larger institution.
A commitment to Wooster School’s mission and vision for these core programs, including an understanding of the research-based individualized instructional foundation upon which they are based, is essential. The Director will exhibit a strong and independent work ethic while managing processes and effectively communicating with all related constituencies.
The Director will have open, pro-active, and sustaining work relations with all constituencies, including parents, students, faculty, and administrative colleagues. The ability to envision and implement programs that encourage and support students to reach their true, academic potential, will be essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of individualized academic plans, curriculum, remediation, and academic support programs, auxiliary support, testing, progress evaluation and reporting for the students enrolled in these programs.
- Provide positive leadership and support for the faculty and contracted professionals who provide services to Prospect and Bridge students with the goal of improving student academic achievement. The Director will intentionally seek out continuing opportunities for educator professional development and success.
- Act in concert with the Admissions Office to evaluate prospective students, admitting program appropriate students who will benefit from and contribute to the Prospect and Bridge programs.
- Work with divisional colleagues to create and maintain clear criteria for determining student progressions within Prospect, Bridge, and traditional learning environments as academic needs evolve over time.
- Collaborate with divisional colleagues to improve student learning outcomes for both Prospect and Bridge students, as well as Wooster School’s traditional learners.
- Promote and market both Prospect and Bridge Programs. Share success stories with potential feeder schools and relevant area Learning Disability Specialists to build relationships that grow both programs.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Summer at Prospect to oversee a vibrant and supportive summer academic program.
How to Apply
Please submit a Letter of Application, Resume, and Philosophy Statement to:
Assistant to the Head of School
91 Miry Brook Road
Danbury, CT 06810