Fundraising Database Manager
The Mission of Cardinal Hayes High School is to inspire culturally diverse young men of the New York City metropolitan area through spiritual growth and a rigorous collegiate preparatory program of academics, extra-curricular activities and personal discipline. As a Christian community comprised of parents, students, faculty, alumni and benefactors, we will accomplish our goal of personal excellence and responsible citizenship by embracing traditional Roman Catholic values.
The Database Manager is directly responsible for the management and supervision of three primary areas: data integrity, moves management, and external reporting. Leads strategy and provides long and short-term planning for advancement information services, and supervises staff who process gifts and manage data. In collaboration with various constituents, implements and oversees development policies, such as gift acceptance policies, database policies, and counting guidelines. Acts as primary manager of The Raiser’s Edge, the advancement CRM for fundraising and prospect management. Monitors the timeliness and efficiency of gift processing. The Manager will sometimes address critical needs that occur on short notice and will require immediate action. They will develop processes for anticipating and meeting the needs of various constituents.
This position reports to the Vice President for Development and supports the fundraising activities of Cardinal Hayes High School. The Office of Advancement plans and executes a coordinated fundraising program integrating development, alumni relations, and communications.
The Cardinal and Gold Fund, the school’s institutionally related foundation, exists for the express support of Cardinal Hayes High School’s operations and programs, and provides financial assistance to students. As a separate 501c3, the Cardinal and Gold Fund requires seamless integration in the reporting of income and outflow. In conjunction with third-party accountants, the Database Manager will oversee the reconciliation of gifts and release of funds as it pertains to the Cardinal and Gold Fund.
- Implement and oversee existing gift policies
- Responsible for input of accurate data & gift processing
- Develop, run and maintain reports and queries to monitor data integrity in these primary areas:
- Gifts & acknowledgements
- Pledges & reminders
- Biographical information
- Create accurate gift reports. Develop additional reports and dashboards that are responsive to the needs of the various internal constituents, including all Advancement office staff and the president
- Authorizes and records security permissions in RE
- Manage integration and ongoing imports of data between Raiser’s Edge and other data sources – student tracking system, NCOA, etc.
- Coordinate periodic training of all advancement staff on best practices and protocols for entering data, current and new applications of Raiser’s Edge
- Prioritize and accommodate competing requests for data and reports according to established priorities
- Moves Management
- In close coordination with front line fundraisers, develop standards and protocols for input of contacts with and follow-up actions for prospects
- Help develop “tracks” for prospects as they move through the fundraising cycle
- Help track activity of frontline fundraisers
- External Reporting
- Reconciliation and transfer of funds to proper accounting fund codes
- Knowledge of gift processing and stewardship policies, including IRS regulations
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends periodically.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software, WordPress and importing patches for web site back-end, MS Office
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience
- BA degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organization, prioritization, judgement and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Salary commensurate with experience