Opening for Fall 2017-2018 School Year: Position begins Summer 2017
Pacific Point Academy Program Director
Pacific Point Academy and Learning Center is an innovative school program serving students with mild to moderate learning challenges located in Santa Monica, CA. Pacific Point Academy is a collaborative team of specialists in the areas of educational therapy, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy and special education who provide the only program in Los Angeles that integrates a one-to-one learning model in combination with a traditional classroom experience.
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled Program Director. This is a full-time position working with our collaborative team. The ideal candidate is responsible for management and oversight of the program.
As a lead administrator for Pacific Point Academy the program director will plan, oversee, organize, direct, and manage the daily program operations of the school. The position requires someone with excellent communication skills, as well as the passion and excitement to inspire children with learning differences. Additionally, we are looking for someone who believes in our unique and innovative program and is excited to assist in its growth.
The position also requires specialized subject matter expertise in special education and comprehensive understanding of common core curriculum, standardized test scores, RIT scores, state assessments, and understanding measurable academic goals.
- Have a clear and distinct understanding of Pacific Point Academy’s unique specialized program while assisting the school’s overall growth and viability taking into account both the best interest of each student as well as the school.
- The Program Director will work with the Department Directors to provide oversight and streamline communication while assuring that each member of the collaborative team works as one cohesive group when providing services for students who have learning differences.
- Responsible for participating with Department Directors to monitor progress of students while collaborating with staff and families to provide appropriate educational outcomes.
- Attend all parent meetings
- Manage, observe and consult with special education teachers, therapists, and assistants to guide program development, and innovation of special methods and approaches
- Assist and guide team on best methods to report progress in a productive and supportive manner with families
- Oversee and manage Admissions which will include: Accept admissions calls, schedule all tours, provide tours to interested families and professionals, pitch the school and it’s unique specialized program, guide families through the application process, provide follow up calls to professionals, schedule and complete in school observations of each candidate, advocate for the appropriateness of each candidates acceptance, effectively communicate your admissions recommendations on perspective students to the Admissions Team as to, candidate’s appropriateness for our program acceptance.
- Quality checks throughout the year to assess the effectiveness of systems in place.
- Give feedback and suggestions on beneficial in service training programs for staff in order to assure that PPA is maintains it’s cutting edge specialized program.
- Strong and direct experience in administrative management and oversight of staff.