The Montessori School of Greater Hartford (MSGH) is currently conducting a national search for a passionate, committed and highly qualified Head of School to lead a unique and close-knit school community with a highly dedicated and competent faculty and staff.
As its mission states, MSGH fosters a strong foundation for confident, compassionate participation in the world by nurturing each child’s unique gifts, passion for learning, and independence. As a community, we enrich families, live our diversity and embody the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) standards of excellence. You can read more about our school at www.msgh.org.
Founded in 1964, MSGH enrolls approximately 160 students and is fully committed to providing an authentic Montessori experience for all its students, aged fifteen months to fifteen years. MSGH has been consistently recognized by AMI since 1974 and is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
The primary roles of the Head of School (HOS) are to embody and articulate the vision and mission of the school, and to manage its financial and operational health. This includes providing academic leadership; directing the marketing, admissions and recruitment processes; building the overall community; and recruiting and mentoring outstanding faculty and staff. The HOS serves as the school’s primary spokesperson to the larger community and main liaison with the Board of Trustees, to whom he/she will be accountable.
To best serve the current and future needs of the school, we seek the following credentials in qualified applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Substantial managerial/leadership experience within an educational setting
- AMI training at any level or willingness to pursue training
- Previous experience as a teacher or school administrator
- Exceptional communication ability in both writing and presenting
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Experience leading successful fundraising efforts is preferred
- Business training or MBA a plus
- Ability to start July, 1 2018
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to Head of School Search Committee, Montessori School of Greater Hartford, West Hartford, CT 06107 or to email@example.com
- Your resume
- An educational philosophy statement
- A brief cover letter describing why you are interested and why you think you are the right person to lead MSGH
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance and a 403b retirement plan.