Saint Andrew's Episcopal School seeks to appoint a Pre K lead teacher, beginning in August of 2017. This person will join a proud community of dedicated and compassionate adults – faculty and parents alike – who are committed to the school mission to develop “as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social capacities of each student.”
The successful candidate will help design engaging hands-on learning experiences that will enhance our learning opportunities for children. We are looking for candidates who are collaborative, flexible, compassionate, demonstrate a strong passion for early childhood education and a love of working with young children and families. Creating a warm, welcoming, engaging classroom environment is a vitally important part of our program. Furthermore, the teacher is attuned to the specific learning needs and social and emotional development of each student. As the central figure in the network of adults supporting each child, the teacher maintains ongoing communications, formal and informal, with parents, specialists, and administrators. The teacher is also responsible for:
- Develop lesson plans focused on age appropriate material that meet academic and social needs of students.
- Teaching an intentional Character Education curriculum.
- Establishing consistent classroom routines and processes.
- Ensuring the safety and social comfort of each student during arrival, dismissal, recess, lunch, classroom transitions and field trips.
- Increasing student confidence and performance through differentiated learning experiences.
- Operating in a collaborative team environment to determine curriculum and student support strategies.
- Foster open communication and creative expression among grade level peers, specialists, and administration.
- Embracing the use of instructional technology and integrating this into the curriculum.
- Regularly reporting on student progress and conducting Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Attend regular staff meetings, committee meetings and take part in ongoing professional development.
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (including current supervisor). Please send applications to email@example.com. The subject line should read: PreK Teacher – [your last name].