Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
- Bachelor Degree
- Teaching Certificate
- High level of competence using technology
- Experience in a PreK – 12 environment, preferably in independent schools is a plus
- Strong references to convey teaching abilities
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks
- Completion of Virtus: Protecting God's Children training
- Current CPR certification
- General Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Duchesne Employee Handbook
- Treat parents as partners in their child's education
- Maintain productive relationships with other Duchesne faculty and staff, working closely with other Department Heads where applicable
- Maintain professional relationships with the Board of Trustees
- Possess strong people skills in order to be empathetic to children’s and parent’s needs
- Leadership/Integrity – Effectively communicates the School’s shared purpose; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
- Team Player/Commitment to Cause – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with Duchesne’s agenda.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates to employees, faculty and other staff members in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning – Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Apply Online at http://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Duchesne’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or Duchesne may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.